Tonite. Was Suite.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tonight, I left my apartment with my friend James, around 8:40pm. We got to the warehouse space currently known as Treasure Town at 9:01 and walked inside. At this point, I was stoked on expecting to see Sass Dragons and Like Bats play a show. I was in for probably the best music-scene-involved surprise I will experience all year.

There were six bands on the bill. I only knew about Like Bats and Sass Dragons. Kris DB's been raving about this Boilerman band for a few weeks now, and I didn't really think anything of it, let alone think it was a band fronted by a friend of mine.

I read on the Midwest Punk Collective that my friend Jim's band had posted some demos, and when I checked them out they were really good. It took me til tonight to find out that Jim's band is Boilerman. He told me his band was opening the show.

"Oh, what's it called?"
"Oh, nice!"

I'm realizing that this whole show review could go on for a long time. Instead, you should just go to the Boilerman link, which is a site that is dedicated to streaming their download (also available for download), and bare in mind that Lemuria headlined this show. Something I left my apartment not expect when I left my apartment with James at 8:40pm. Sass Dragons are such awesome guys, and the two Ohio bands The Buster League and You'll Get Yours were great musically and duderally. I'll try to get some pictures of this. Totally regret not bringing my video camera :-/

0 comments

Post a Comment

Say what you gotta say dawg